Administration & Leadership Academy for Law Enforcement Civilians
This workshop was designed in partnership with the Miami‐Dade (Florida) Police Department as an advanced learning experience for civilian law enforcement employees seeking to build their administrative and leadership competencies.
Civilians are a growing segment of the law enforcement community. They have increasing importance in the administration of law enforcement agencies and the management of personnel. This 3‐day academy provides intensive, efficient instruction to help civilian leaders elevate their potential and hone their skills as reliable and trusted public safety professionals.
Attendees who complete this workshop will:
- Understand the nuances of law enforcement culture
- Be able to balance risk with potential rewards in decision making scenarios
- Know the value of personality diversity in the workplace
- Learn how to improve internal culture by creating organizational predictability and rhythm
- Understand what causes misconduct and failures of professional responsibility
- Gain confidence in their ability to manage employee performance and discipline
- Experience a highly‐improved understanding of forensic evidence in the 21st century